The aeration has gone very well so far with the weather fully cooperating:
- Greens have been deep tined and punched with hollow core tines and are getting their final touches today and we will fertilize tomorrow.
- Fairways have all been sanded and are 90% punched and 50% matted in, on Thursday and Friday we will finish matting, cleaning sprinkler heads and apply fertilizers.
- Tees have been sanded and seeded with matting and fertilizing being completed tomorrow.
- Green approaches and surrounds are being punched and sanded today and tomorrow, with matting and fertilizing completed by Friday afternoon.
- Watering is being done whenever possible to keep things from drying out too much. This is a challenge as the sprinkler heads have to be cleaned of sand before they can be operated.
- Some tree work and asphalt is also being accomplished during the closure.
- Friday will be a lot of finish work, fertilizing and watering and the golf course will re-open on Saturday morning.
Thank you for your patience.